The Arts have the capacity to engage, inspire and enrich all students, exciting the imagination and encouraging them to reach their creative and expressive potential.
The Arts subjects provide opportunities for students to learn how to create, design, represent, communicate and share their imagined and conceptual ideas, emotions, observations and experiences.
- Develop creativity, critical thinking, aesthetic knowledge and understanding about arts practices, through making and responding to artworks with increasing self-confidence
- Acquire arts knowledge and skills to communicate ideas
- Make use of innovative arts practices with available and emerging technologies, to express and represent ideas, while displaying empathy for multiple viewpoints
- Develop their understanding of Australia’s histories and traditions through the Arts
- Understanding local, regional and global cultures, and their Arts histories and traditions, through engaging with the worlds of artists, artworks, audiences and arts professions.
At Emmaus College the Arts subjects of Art, Music and Drama are core subjects in Years 7 and 8.
Beginning at Year 9, students are able to choose from a range of Arts electives:
Business Branding, Creative Quest, Dance, Music, Performance and Stagecraft
Art, Dance, Drama, Theatre Arts, Music, Media and Visual Communication and Design
Year 11 and Year 12
Art, Dance, Drama, Theatre Studies, Music, and Visual Communication and Design
Questions about the Arts Learning Area should be directed to the Learning Area Leader Mr Robert Mulholland.