Emmaus College staff must be committed to the ethos of the College, professional and focussed on their approach to teaching and learning, and have a genuine interest in working with secondary school age students.
Our employment policy has been developed in the light of the Mission Statement of Emmaus College, in which we seek to live by and teach those values which the Catholic Church upholds and to celebrate our Catholic identity
Being a staff member at Emmaus College means membership of a vibrant, diverse and large school community with a continued focus on self, student and school improvement. Collegial support, respectful students and excellent physical facilities make Emmaus a workplace of choice for our staff.
Staff are supported in their Professional Learning through school-based and external PL opportunities. The College Board supports financially staff who are involved in relevant further studies.
Teaching staff are supplied with a school owned tablet computer as part of their employment conditions.
English Teacher – Years 7 to 12
This is a full-time, 12-month replacement position commencing Term 1 2021 which will comprise of the following load:
- Pastoral Teacher
- Year 12 English
- Year 10 English
- Year 7 English
Please submit your application form via the link below as soon as possible to ensure your application is considered for this role.
Applications will close 4pm Monday 18 January 2021.
As such all applications for employment at Emmaus College need to be aware of the following:
- The Emmaus College Code of Conduct and Child Safety Policy.
- That Emmaus College is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability.
- That Emmaus College is committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities.
- That Emmaus College is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Be aware that appropriate rigorous reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police record and identity check.
- CECV Commitment Statement to Child Safety
- CECV Child Safety Standards
- Statement of Principles Regarding Catholic Education.
The Emmaus College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children