Welcome to our Year 7, Year 9 and Year 12 students who commence their 2022 year on Tuesday 1 February 2022!
- The school year begins for Year 7 students on Tuesday 1 February at 8.35am. As you can appreciate, there will be a significant volume of traffic into the College on this day, so please allow plenty of time to ensure a prompt start on this morning. Staff and our Year 10 Peer Support Leaders will be present to assist with directions. We encourage you to consider dropping your child(ren) on Hawthorn Road for the start of the day and pick up. If you do enter the College grounds, please use the designated
drop off zone as directed. Unfortunately, due to current COVID-19 conditions, parents are unable to be present for the student welcome. Students will be dismissed at 3.15pm and regular charter buses will run. This may be a good opportunity to practice using the bus before all students return to school the following day. Students will receive a light morning tea and but will need to bring their lunch. The La Strada café will be operating on Tuesday.
- In order to make the start of the school year as smooth as possible, could you please assist us in ensuring that your child is correctly attired with the school uniform and that your child’s hair is appropriate with no extreme hairstyles permitted (as judged by our College Principal) in terms of style (dreadlocks, mohawks etc.) and colour (no two-toned undercuts, significant areas of contrasting colour, or colours that are not natural, etc.). Cuts of number 2 or above are permissible. Hair below shoulder length must be tied back at all times.
- Students are to wear their full college uniform on Tuesday (not sport uniform).
- We advise students to bring their materials to school over a couple of days to avoid being overburdened with a heavy load. Students will need a pen and binder book for the first day. The remainder of the materials can be brought over the following days. Please ensure that all books and uniforms are fully labelled with your child’s name. If an item is misplaced, we need to be able to return it to its owner as soon as possible. All Year 7 students have received their locks for their lockers to store their belongings safely. They should bring the combination lock on the first day. Our Year 10 Peer Support Leaders will be available to assist students in any way possible.
- Year 9s commence at the Burwood Campus
- Year 12s will be attending their Retreat Day at the Vermont South campus.