“Staying Healthy through Education and Prevention” – STEP up to improve community health
Do you value being healthy and active in everyday life?
Do you have a passion for helping others?
Do you want to develop your own personal skills and leadership?
If so… this is the subject for you!
The Year 9 Health and Physical Education Program is currently being re-developed to explore the role of community action in order to improve positive health outcomes. This includes skill development, improving activity levels and disease prevention.
You will investigate the following areas:
- Understanding the community.
- Analysis of physical activity levels and environmental factors.
- Strategic planning to support change and ensure positive outcomes for future generations (including various demographics in societies).
- Develop an understanding of motor skill learning.
- Implement coaching strategies to support involvement in physical activity.