Learning Area: The Arts
In Year 10 Theatre Arts students begin the Monologue. Students select a monologue to research, create and perform to a chosen theatrical style, presenting a folio explaining their creative choices. The main body of work lies in the “Process and Performance” unit. Students develop their understanding of the three stages of production by working in a chosen area of stagecraft. Students present their performance and create a folio detailing the creative process.
Areas Of Study
- The four stages of Production – Planning, Development, Season & Evaluation
- From Script to Stage
- Application of Stagecraft Elements: acting, costume, direction, dramaturgy, lighting, make-up, multimedia, properties, promotion, set, sound and stage management.
- The Australian Theatre Industry
- Folio Development
- Analysis of Professional Productions
- Explore and express ideas
- Theatre Studies practices
- Present and perform
- Respond and interpret
- Production Analysis
- Semester Examination