As the governor and operator of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Melbourne, Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools (MACS) is responsible for developing and formulating policies that ensure schools are aligned with the vision, mission and strategic direction of Catholic education.
Please note that we are in the process of updating our policies to reflect the transfer from Catholic Education Melbourne to MACS as of 1 January 2021.
- An official Application for Enrolment form should be completed and lodged with the College by the due date.
– Please note enrolments for Year 7 2023 close 20 August 2021
A copy of the Baptism Certificate should be provided with applications from Catholics. A $50 (non-refundable) Enrolment Fee is required for all Year 7 Enrolment Applications.
- An Application for Enrolment form from families residing within Designated Priority Parishes must be signed by the applicant’s Parish Priest.
- All Applications for Enrolment are processed according to the criteria determined by the College.
- All applicants will be sent a letter informing them of the outcome of their application.
- If an Application for Enrolment is not successful, this application may be placed on a Waiting List. As soon as a vacancy becomes available parents will be advised.
- Enrolment is conditional upon the Principal being satisfied that the applicant has met the College requirements for admission.
- If enrolment cannot be offered at the time of Application, an applicant’s name will be placed on a waiting list for the appropriate enrolment category on request. When a vacancy becomes available the applicant at the top of the list will be advised immediately.
- A condition of entry to the College is that parent(s)/guardian(s) agree to abide by the regulations and policies of the College. Parent(s)/guardian(s) are required to actively support the Catholic ethos of the College. This applies especially to the compulsory Religious Education program from Year 7 to Year 12.
- The Principal reserves the right to dismiss or suspend any student from the College according to the provisions of the College ‘Working Together’ Policy.
- Fees, levies and charges (as set out in the current Schedule of Fees/Charges) are subject to alteration by the College.
- To indicate a firm acceptance of offer, a non-refundable enrolment fee of $800 per student is required by the due date shown in the letter of offer. This fee will be deducted from the following year’s fees. The enrolment fee of $800 is retained if a student withdraws after acceptance.
- The College requires fees to be paid either in cash upfront or via a direct debit instalment plan which must be completed before the commencement of the current school year.
- No student will be permitted to enter a new Term at the College while any part of the tuition fees and other levies/ charges are unpaid. Exemptions to this requirement may be negotiated confidentially with the College Principal.
- A pro-rata charge is made for students entering the College for the first time after a Term has commenced.
- A full term’s notice must be given in writing to the Principal of intention to withdraw a student from the College at the end of the school year. Parents may use the process used for this purpose to signal such intention. At least a full term’s notice must be given in writing to the Principal of intention to withdraw a student from the College during the school year. A pro-rata refund of fees will only be granted if the required notice is given.
- Before the College provides Reports, Certificates, Student References and other termination documents, all outstanding accounts must be paid in full or an arrangement entered into.